Have the freshest free hiking tips sent to you each month!
Is hiking the Appalachian Trail (AT) something you would never consider doing, not in a million years?
Or are you a hiker who has always wanted to do a real leg stretcher?
Perhaps you are ready to "go for it", but haven't started your planning yet.
And it's going to take a lot of planning to get you safely and comfortably onto the AT.
Regardless of which category you fall into, I've gathered some resources for you.
I have never made boot prints on this trail.
I have no intention of being a thruhiker on an American long trail.
But that doesn't mean I don't want to see you have a grand adventure on it! That's why I gathered together the best Appalachian hiking tips for you.
Let's start with general information and get more specific as you proceed down the list.
2. Here is a more focused resource: a website which provides testimonials from folks who hiked the Appalachian Trail.
3. Are you the type of person who needs to see it to believe it?
4. Books are a great way to "experience" life on the Appalachian Trail, too.
You can share the story of Grandma Gatewood, the first solo woman through hiker on the AT, with the children in your life.
5. Here's a resource which can get you scheming and dreaming!
6. Ready to get down to the nitty gritty? You're going to need food caches.
7. Glean some useful information from this organization, the Appalachian Mountain Club.
8. Logistics will occupy a lot of your mental space before you begin hiking the Appalachian Trail.
The links above should get you started on working toward your goal of hiking the AT.
I'll add more resources as I stumble upon them, or readers send them along to me.
Best of luck in your planning!
And just in case Western United States long trails pique your interest, here's a movie review about hiking the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT). Enjoy!
Hiking The Appalachian Trail
Didn't find what you were looking for? Use the blue TOP button
on the right to jet back up to the search box.
Plus, there's never enough room in the newsletter to share it all, so why miss out on exclusive Hiking For Her giveaways, limited time gear deals and discounts, freebies, updates, and more?
A short, info packed weekly email update will keep you current on all things hiking!
Don't miss out!
Save Time & Money
Hiking For Her's weekly emails are the best way to find out about current hiking:
Free, fast, fun info for you, every week of the year